- Peer review is the system used to assess the quality of a manuscript before it is published. It also ensures that journal publish good quality articles which is of benefit to entire researchers community. In Peer review system the researchers in the relevant research area evaluate the submitted manuscripts for originality, validity and significance to help editors determine whether a manuscript should be published in their journal.
- IJRPR adheres to the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) Code of Conduct and Best Practice Guidelines (http://publicationethics.org). We strive to ensure that peer review is fair, unbiased and timely. Decisions to accept or reject a manuscript for publication are based on the manuscript’s importance, originality and clarity, and the study’s validity and its relevance to the remit of the journal.
- We use a wide range of sources to identify potential reviewers, including the editorial board, personal knowledge, author suggestions, and bibliographic databases. Reviewers’ evaluations play a major role in our decision as to whether to accept a manuscript for publication.
The peer review process can be broadly summarized into following steps & diagram
Every Manuscript submitted to IJRPR will be subjected rigorous process as follows.
Step 1:[Author ==> Editor]
Author Submit the research article/manuscript by mail to [email protected]
Step 2:[Editor / Review Members]
The submitted article/manuscript is assessed by Editor of the Journal to see if it meets the criteria for submission. If it does, the editorial team will select potential peer reviewers within the field of research and sent the manuscript to peer-review process. If the submitted article/manuscript does not meet the criteria for submission or not in the scope of the journal, the manuscript/article rejected and return to author.
Step 3:[ Reviewer ==> Editor]
Reviewer team will assess the manuscript/article and gives their recommendations/comments to the Editor along with their decision to manuscript for possible publication which may be as follows:
- Manuscript may be Accepted
- Manuscript may be Accepted with minor revision
- Manuscript may be Accepted with major revision
- Manuscript may be Rejected
Editor sends the evaluation report to author through an E-Mail
Step 5:[The corresponding Author]
The corresponding author should take one of the following actions according to the evaluation report
~ Sends final manuscript, copyright form and payment details to [email protected]
- Accepted with Minor revision
~ Make changes in manuscript and re-submit to editor through E-Mail. Editor goes through the revisions and gives a final approval.
- Accepted with Major revision
~ Do the revision, make changes in manuscript according to comments of reviewer and re-submit to editor. The revised manuscript is sent for a second round of peer review.
- Revise and resubmit to journal as a new submission
When a reviewer team rejects the manuscript, but the editor might show willingness to consider the manuscript if it is revised and resubmitted as a new submission, then if the author wishes to proceed with this, author needs to revise the paper substantially based on the reviewer and editor comments, and submit it to the same journal as a new submission.
~ Author can submit a new article for forthcoming issues.